Tracie Dirricq – Nutritionist – Certified Holistic Health & Wellness Coach
I am a Nutritionist/Certified Health & Wellness Coach and Cook Book author living in Orange County, CA who is passionate about empowering people through healthy eating and time-saving and nutritious meal planning. One of the many reasons I love the 99 Cents Only Stores is the large variety of healthy ingredients to choose from and the great prices.
Chicken Fajitas with Vegetables, Rice and Beans
Ingredients: Chicken, Bell Peppers, Tomato, Onion, Rice, Cannellini Beans, Avocado & Tortillas.
2 chicken breasts, chopped
1 cup red bell pepper, sliced
1 cup green bell pepper, sliced
1 large tomato, chopped
½ onion, sliced
1 dash cumin
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 flour tortillas
Toppings: Salsa, sour cream, avocado
1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup rice, prepared to package directions
Note: Start cooking the rice before the chicken since it takes longer.
- Prepare rice according to package instructions.
- Heat 2-tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken, season with cumin, salt and pepper. Cook all sides thoroughly, approximately 7-8 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté peppers, onions and tomato until slightly tender. Add cooked chicken to cooked vegetables.
- While vegetables are cooking, heat beans and warm tortillas.
- Place single serving chicken and vegetable mixture on each tortilla. Top with avocado, salsa and sour cream.
- Serve with rice and beans.
For more visit – www.HealthySimpleWellness.comPrevious Next