Updated June 2023
Information collected and how it is used
Third-party information collection. We allow selected third parties to place cookies through the Site to provide us with better insights into the use of the Site, user demographics, and/or to provide relevant advertising to you. These third parties may collect information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our Site. We may also permit third-party service providers to place cookies through our Site to perform analytic or marketing functions where you are notified of them and you have consented to the usage. We do not control the use of such third-party cookies or the resulting information and we are not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
This Site is not designed nor intended to be attractive to use by children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not submit any information to us.
Accessing your information and your choices
You can update, amend or delete your information at any time by selecting “Profile” when you log into your account.
You can choose not to receive emails from us by selecting “Unsubscribe” in any email you receive from us.
You can choose to delete or block cookies by setting your browser to either reject all cookies or to allow cookies only from selected sites. If you block cookies, the performance of the Site may be impaired and certain features may not function at all.
You can choose to allow or not allow us to collect your location information when using the 99 App. You can make this selection by visiting the Settings page in your device.
Disclosing your information
We may share your information with third parties for their marketing purposes.
We may disclose your non-private, aggregated, or otherwise non-personal information, such as usage statistics of our products, to our affiliates and third parties.
Please be aware that any information you post on the Site is readily accessible to the general public; please do not include information in any post that could be used to identify you personally.
We use reasonable technical, administrative, and physical measures to protect information contained in our system against misuse, loss or alteration. We may use standard SSL technology to protect information being transferred to our Site, but no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure. If we receive instructions using your log-in information, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
Links to other sites
We may permit others to link to this Site or to post a link to their site on ours. We do not endorse these sites and are not responsible for other sites or their privacy practices. Please read their privacy policies before submitting information.
Attention California Residents
Your California Privacy Rights (Shine the Light)
California residents are permitted by California law to request information about the manner in which we share certain categories of information with others for their marketing purposes. Please email us at California@99only.com to request this disclosure.
California Consumer Privacy Act Rights (CCPA)
The California Consumer Privacy Act as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) provides certain verified California residents the right to:
request and receive disclosure of our personal information collection practices during the prior 12 months, including the categories of personal information we collect, the categories of sources of such information, our business purpose for collecting or disclosing such information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share such information;
request and receive disclosure of our information disclosure practices during the prior 12 months, including a list of the categories of personal information sold with the category of third party recipients and a list of the categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose;
request and receive a copy of the personal information we have collected about them during the prior 12 months;
request that we not sell personal information about them;
request that we not share personal information about them for cross-context behavioral marketing purposes;
request that we limit processing of sensitive personal information to the purposes permitted by the CCPA;
request that we correct information we hold ;and
request that we delete (and direct our service providers to delete) their personal information subject to certain exceptions.
For details about these rights and how to exercise these rights, please see below. We will not discriminate against you as a result of your exercise of any of these rights. For purposes of the CCPA personal information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household.
Our California employees (current, former or applicants) can learn about our information collection and disclosure practices and how to exercise their CPRA rights by contacting the Director of Human Resources.
If you have questions about your rights, please call us toll-free at 888-582-5999.
Your CCPA Rights
A. Information Access and Portability Rights
As a California resident you have the right, up to twice in a 12 month period, to request that we disclose certain information upon request about our information collection and disclosure practices. You also have the right to request a copy of the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request, we will disclose to you:
• The categories of personal information we collected about you, the sources of the information, our business or commercial purpose for collecting the information and whether the information was disclosed for a business purpose, shared or sold.
• The categories of information we disclosed for a business purpose and the categories of information we sold or shared during the prior 12 months along with the categories of recipients of such information.
• The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you during the prior 12 months, or, at your option, since January 1, 2022. Please note that this disclosure will not include data generated to help ensure security and integrity or as prescribed by regulation. We will endeavor to provide the information in a format that is readily useable, including by mailing you a paper copy or providing an electronic copy to your registered account, if you have registered an account with us.
B. Information Deletion Rights
California residents have the right, at any time, to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from them and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. You may make deletion requests at any time. We are permitted by the CCPA to keep certain information about you. By way of example, we are not required to comply with a request to delete information if the information is necessary for us to complete a transaction for you or otherwise perform a contract; to detect, protect against, or prosecute security incidents, fraud, or illegal activity; to use the information only internally in ways reasonably aligned with your expectations as our customer (such as maintaining sales records); and to comply with legal obligations.
C. Information Correction Rights
California residents have the right, at any time, to request that we correct information that we hold which is inaccurate. We will require that you provide information about yourself so that we can verify your identity before we can make any change in the information we hold about you and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to make the requested corrections. In some cases, for instance if you have an account with us, you can update your information by logging into your account. You can make information correction requests at any time.
D. Opt-Out Rights
• Do Not Sell My Personal Information. If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right, at any time, to direct us to not sell your personal information. We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the "right to opt-in") from either the consumer who is at least 13 but not yet 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
• Do Not Share My Personal Information. You have the right, at any time, to opt out of having your personal information shared with others for cross-context or behavioral advertising purposes. This does not include using your interactions with us or information that you provide to us to select advertisements to show you.
• Limit Processing of Sensitive Personal Information. You have the right to tell us not to process or disclose Sensitive Personal Information for any purpose other than the purposes permitted by the CCPA or disclosed at or before the time we originally collected it. We only process Sensitive Personal Information for permitted purposes. The following are permitted purposes under the CCPA:
To perform the services or provide the goods reasonably expected by an average consumer who requests those goods or services.
To prevent, detect, and investigate security incidents that compromise the availability, authenticity, integrity, or confidentiality of stored or transmitted personal information.
To resist malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal actions directed at the business and to prosecute those responsible for those actions.
To ensure the physical safety of natural persons.
For short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, nonpersonalized advertising shown as part of a consumer’s current interaction with the business, provided that the personal information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about the consumer or otherwise alter the consumer’s experience outside the current interaction with the business.
To perform services on behalf of our business.
To verify or maintain the quality or safety of products or services that we own or control, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance such products or services.
To collect or process sensitive personal information where such collection or processing is not for the purpose of inferring characteristics about a consumer.
Exercising Your CCPA Rights
A. Making CCPA Requests
• Access, Correction and Deletion. To exercise the access, correction, and deletion rights California residents may contact us by calling us toll-free at 888-582-5999 or by visiting our CCPA disclosure request page [link]. We will ask you for information that allows us to reasonably verify your identity (that you are the person about whom we collected personal information) and will use that information only for that purpose. We may request that you submit a signed statement under penalty of perjury that you are the individual you claim to be. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity and confirm that the personal information relates to you. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding receipt of your request, but you may request that expand the 12-month period to cover information collected since January 1, 2022, and we will honor that expanded request unless doing so would involve a disproportionate effort. We will acknowledge receipt of your request within 10 days and will endeavor to respond within forty-five days of receipt of your request, but if we require more time (up to an additional forty-five days) we will notify you of our need for additional time. For requests for a copy of the personal information we have collected during the 12 months prior to your request, we will endeavor to provide the information in a format that is readily useable, including by mailing you a paper copy or providing an electronic copy to [link].
• Opt-Out Rights. To opt out of the sale of your personal information or the sharing of your personal information, you may submit a request to us by clicking the following link: “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information”. [LINK] You may also call us toll free at 888-582-5999. You do not have to ask us to limit sharing your Sensitive Personal Information because we only use that information for the purposes permitted by the CCPA.
You may also opt out by activating a user-enabled global privacy control, such as a browser plug-in or privacy setting, device setting, or other mechanism, that communicates or signals your choice to opt-out of the sale and sharing of personal information. When we receive such a signal we will stop setting third party, analytics, or advertising partner cookies on your browser. This will prevent the sale or sharing of information relating to that specific device through cookies to our advertising or analytics partners. This option does not stop all sales or sharing of your information because we cannot match your device’s identification or internet protocol address with your personally identifiable information like your name, phone number, email address or ZIP Code. If you delete cookies on your browser, any prior do not sell or do not share signal is also deleted and you should make sure that your user-enabled setting is always activated.
We will comply with your request promptly, and at least within 15 days.
B. Using an Authorized Agent.
You may submit a request through someone holding a formal Power of Attorney. Otherwise, you may submit a request using an authorized agent only if (1) you provide the authorized agent with written permission to make a request and (2) you verify your own identity directly with us. We will require the agent to submit proof to us that they have been authorized to make requests on your behalf.
Information Collected, Sources, and Business Purpose for Collection and Disclosure
During the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of information from the listed sources, used it for the listed business purposes, and disclosed it to the listed categories of third parties for a business purpose. The categories of information include information we collect from our website visitors, registered users, employees, vendors, suppliers, and any other person that interacts with us either online or offline. Not all information is collected about all individuals. For instance, we may collect different information from applicants for employment or from vendors, or from customers.
*More specifically, the business purposes include:
Performing services for you:
To administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement to which we are a party;
To assist you in completing a transaction or order;
To allow tracking of shipments;
To prepare and process invoices;
To respond to queries or requests and to provide services and support;
To provide after-sales customer relationship management;
To create and manage our customer accounts;
To notify you about changes to our services and products;
To administer any promotion, contest, survey, or competition;
To provide you information regarding our products and service; and
To offer our products and services to you in a personalized way, for example, we may provide suggestions based on your previous requests to enable you to identify suitable products and services more quickly.
For marketing and promotions, we believe you may find of interest and to provide you, or allow selected third parties to provide you, with information about products and services that may interest you
Auditing relating to transactions, internal research, and development
To provide for internal business administration and operations, including troubleshooting, Site customization, enhancement or development, testing, research, administration, and operation of our Sites and data analytics;
To create products or services that may meet your needs; and
To measure the performance of marketing initiatives, ads, and websites “powered by” another company on our behalf.
Security detection, protection, and enforcement, functionality debugging, error repair as part of our efforts to keep our Sites safe and secure
To ensure the security of your account and our business, preventing or detecting fraud, malicious activity or abuses of our Sites, for example, by requesting verification information in order to reset your account password (if applicable);
To ensure the physical security of our premises through the monitoring of surveillance images; and
To resolve disputes, to protect the rights, safety and interests ourselves, our users or others, and to comply with our legal obligations.
To monitor quality control and ensure compliance with our legal obligations, codes and ordinances, policies and procedures; To develop and improve our products and services, for example, by reviewing visits to the Sites and various subpages, demand for specific products and services, and user comments.
Disclosing Personal Information in Sale Arrangements
We do not sell your information for monetary consideration, but we may transfer limited categories of your information (Identifiers, Commercial information, Geolocation, Electronic network activity information like a record of a browser’s visit to our Site) to a third party that provides us with services such as helping us with advertising, data analysis, and security, which may fall under the definition of for ”other valuable consideration” which may be consider a ‘sale’ under the CCPA. If you are a California resident over the age of 16 and would like to instruct us not to sell your personal information, please visit our Do-Not-Sell web page here [link]. We do not sell personal information of individuals we actually know who are less than 16 years of age Please see above for how to opt out of having your information sold. Once we receive your Do-Not-Sell request, we will wait at least 12 months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. Sharing Personal Information for Cross-Context Behavioral Marketing
Sharing your personal information means making it available to a third party so that they can use it to display targeted or cross-context behavioral advertisement to you. Cross-context behavioral or targeted advertising means that we display an advertisement to you that is selected based on personal information about you that we obtained or inferred over time from your activities across other companies’ websites, applications or online services that we use to predict your preferences or interests. Targeted advertising does not include using your interactions with us or information that you provide to us to select advertisements to show you. In the preceding twelve (12) months, We have shared Identifiers, Commercial information, Electronic network activity information and geolocation of non-minors for behavioral or cross context or targeted advertising.
Retention of Personal Information
We will store personal information in a form which permits us to identify consumers, for as long as necessary for the purpose for which the personal information is processed. We may retain and use such personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically reasonably feasible to remove it. We retain information consumers provide in connection with requests made under the CCPA for a period of two years.
Attention Nevada Residents
We do not transfer personal information for monetary consideration. If you would like to tell us not to sell your information in the future please email us at email@example.com with your name, postal address, telephone number and email address with “Nevada do not sell” in the subject line.