A few years ago at a friends wedding I remember having Portobello mushroom fries. As soon as I saw these huge mushrooms at my 99¢ Only Store I knew I had to try to recreate them. This is the recipe I put together.
- 2 Large Portobello Mushrooms
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbl Flour
- 1/2 C Whole Wheat Panko (bread crumbs)
- 2 Tbl Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Tsp Creole Seasoning
- 1/8 Tsp Garlic Powder sprinkle of black pepper (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 425°F
- In a bowl beat 2 eggs.
- In a separate bowl mix panko, parmesan cheese, creole seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper.
- To prepare the mushroom caps flip over and use a spoon to scrape off gills, this will help remove bitterness.
- Slice mushroom into 1/2″ thick strips lightly dust with flour.
- Dip flour dusted mushroom strips into egg mixture drain excess off.
- Cover strips in panko mix.
- Place strips on a greased rack on baking sheet. If you aren’t using a rack place strips on greased baking sheet, flip over halfway into cooking time.
- Bake at 425°F for 10-13 min.
5. Please credit me with my instagram name: HowToCouponSFV
Thank you.Previous Next